MINISTRY OF CULTURE
The Ministry of Culture has a mission to preserve, promote and disseminate all forms of art and culture. Users can get information about India's cultural relation with other countries and various schemes to develop cultural activities such as Scholarship to Young Artistes, Cultural Function Grant Scheme, Cultural Heritage Youth Leadership Programme, etc. Access to Ministry’s attached offices, subordinate offices and autonomous bodies such as Anthropological Survey of India, National Library, National Archives of India, Sahitya Akademi, etc. is given. Find detailed information about Sanskrit Darpan, the annual cultural fest organized by the ministry.
The mission of the department is to preserve, promote and disseminate all forms of art and culture. In order to achieve this, the department undertakes the following activities:
1. Maintenance and conservation of heritage, historic sites and ancient monuments
2. Administration of libraries
3. Promotion of literary, visual and performing arts
4. Observation of centenaries and anniversaries of important national personalities and events
5. Promotion of institutions and organizations of Buddhist and Tibetan studies
6. Promotion of institutional and individual non-official initiatives in the fields of art and culture
7. Entering into cultural agreements with foreign countries.
8. The functional spectrum of the Department ranges from creating cultural awareness from the grass root level to the international cultural exchange level.
Please connect to http://www.indiaculture.nic.in/ to know about the Ministry and its works and activities.